Joyce is a partner at Cescon Barrieu focusing on Antitrust.
Her practice involves submitting corporate transactions and mergers and acquisitions known as concentration acts to the analysis and approval of the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE).
She represents companies and individuals under investigation for alleged anticompetitive behavior. These investigations conducted by antitrust authorities relate to alleged cartel formation and abuse of dominant position, among others. She has vast experience in the negotiation of leniency agreements and settlements with CADE. She also acts in matters that involve damages claims.
She has extensive experience in counseling on antitrust issues in a diversified range of industries and sectors of the economy. She acts in preventive measures such as training sessions and compliance programs specifically designed to address competition matters.
Joyce is recognized as one of Brazil’s leading lawyers in the field of Antitrust by several publications among which we highlight Legal 500, Chambers and Partners and Who’s Who Legal.
- Law - Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP)
- Master of Laws Degree (LL.M.) - London School of Economics and Political Science
- Specialist in Economic Law - Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV)
Affiliations and other activities
- Vice President of the Competition and Regulatory Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo section, during 2016-2018, and reappointed in 2019
- Member of the Brazilian Institute for Studies on Competition, Consumer Relations and International Trade (IBRAC)