Yuri Sahione is a partner in the area of Compliance, White-Collar and Investigations.
He has more than 16 years of experience in economic crimes, compliance and sanctioning law and has practiced in cases of great national repercussion, as well as in international legal cooperation.
His practice involves the implementation of integrity programs, internal investigations, clients representation and interests in Parliamentary Commission of Inquiry, investigations, criminal prosecutions, sanctioning administrative proceedings and administrative misconduct actions.
Yuri represents public and private companies in sectors such as energy, oil and gas, shipping, real estate and construction, banking and capital markets, healthcare, life sciences, hospitality, food, sports and entertainment, logistics, education and services, as well as business and administrators involved in criminal investigations or prosecutions or sanctions.
He is recognized by Análise Advocacia as one of Brazil’s most admired lawyers in Criminal Law.
- Compliance, White-Collar and Investigations
- Law - Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ)
- Economic Crimes Modules - Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP)
- Specialization in Law and Criminal Procedure - Universidade Cândido Mendes
- Master in Criminal Law - Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (UERJ)
Affiliations and other activities
- Deputy Member of the Department of Economic Criminal Law and Compliance of the Brazilian Institute of Criminal Sciences (IBCCRIM)
- Founding Associate and Member of the Compliance Rio Institute Deliberative Council
- Member of the Corporate Governance and Compliance Business Council of the Rio de Janeiro Commercial Association (ACRJ)
- Representative of Brazil at the Special Committee on Governance of ABNT Organizations Member of the FIRJAN Compliance Working Group and the Brazil-Germany Chamber of Commerce (AHK)
- Member of the FIRJAN Compliance Working Group
- Advisory Counselor at the Rio de Janeiro Social Observatory (OSRJ)
- Elected Counselor of OAB / RJ
- Chairman of the Permanent Compliance Studies Committee of the Federal Council of OAB
- Professor in postgraduate courses in Criminal Law and Compliance such as ISE Business School, Cândido Mendes, Getúlio Vargas Foundation (FGV), Rio de Janeiro State University (UERJ), Law School (ESA / OAB-RJ) ), Estácio - MBA, Rio de Janeiro Public Ministry School Foundation (FEMPERJ), PUC-RJ